Hello,

Well, this seems a very complicated one, I get the sense that there is a
mental health issue here but that doesn't mean there isn't plagiarism:

*Here is one of the accusations of plagiarism:*
http://eyeofthestorm.blogs.com/eye_of_the_storm/2016/03/detailed-account-of-zagzebskis-plagiarism.html

Sartwell did his PhD under Rorty, so he does have a degree of academic
calibre, although his blog doesn't necessarily display this. It seems that
this example is a difficult case of whether the ideas, rather than the
words have been stolen. This is always much more difficult to prove and it
seems a bit too difficult for an armchair philosopher such as myself to
decipher. Zagzebski has referenced Sartwell in the text but Sartwell is
claiming that the supposedly new ideas and supporting examples in
Zagzebski's text are the lifted as his. I would hope that some experts in
this field would at least read to check not only in case Sartwell is
correct but also if Zagzebski is innocent.

*Here are the lyrics for the song:*
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/mirandalambert/timetogetagun.html

Sartwell does seem to be a big fan of the singer of the song and the first
line is:

My neighbor’s car got stolen last night
Right out of his driveway
We heard the dogs barking
*We never paid them any mind*

Perhaps these opening lines are why he identifies with the song, he has had
something stolen and intends to finally do something about it. I think that
as Sartwell seems a bit manic (certainly evidenced by his style of writing
and by the accounts of his university) and due to sensitive climate about
guns in the US, the university was not willing to take any chances with the
threat that could be implied by the song.

Regards,

Stephen

On 9 March 2016 at 05:44, Ken Masters <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Could someone please post English sub-titles for the video?
>

> Regards
>
> Ken
>
> ------
>
> Dr. Ken Masters
> Asst. Professor: Medical Informatics
> Acting Head: Medical Education & Informatics Unit
> College of Medicine & Health Sciences
> Sultan Qaboos University
> Sultanate of Oman
> E-i-C: The Internet Journal of Medical Education
> Involved in medical education?  See MedEdWorld at:
> http://www.mededworld.org/Home.aspx
> <http://www.amazon.com/Origins-Before-Bang-Ken-Masters/dp/1312753269>
> [image: https://twitter.com/itmeded] <https://twitter.com/itmeded>
> ____/\\/********\\/\\____
>
> On 9 March 2016 at 09:23, Dr. Mike Reddy <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
>> The comments…
>>
>> https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2016/03/08/professor-leave-after-posting-plagiarism-accusation
>>
>> But, "Time to get a gun"?
>>

>> --
>> WiMii?

*Stephen Gow*

*Academic Integrity Coordinator*

Academic Support Office
Harry Fairhurst Building, Room LFA/132
University of York
Heslington
YORK
YO10 5DD
01904 321135

Plagiarism Advice Academic Network - China and UK
<http://www.plagiarismadvice.org/academic-network#china>

Gow, S. (2014). A cultural bridge for academic integrity? Mainland Chinese
master’s graduates of UK institutions returning to China. *International
Journal for Educational Integrity*, *10*(1).
<http://www.ojs.unisa.edu.au/index.php/IJEI/article/view/935>