Following my mention that this book had been reprinted a number of people
contacted me for more information..

Author Peter Burr, 2 Volumes in Hardback over 1000pp, the volumes are a
comprehensive study of the mines and Minerals of the area and a result of a
lifetimes research by Peter. It is highly regarded by experts on Mendip and
Mineralogy.  He has self financed the publication from Germany I understand
on the strength of selling out of the original print run he has paid for a
further 120 sets  (20 of which are staying in Germany) of this work. I
expect the books to be available for  longer but be aware of the short run.

The cost is £70 + £8.50 P&P (UK using a courier an insured) if anyone is
interested please contact me off line as I intend to collect copies for
distribution)

Mike

If you need to leave the list, send the following message to [log in to unmask] -

leave mining-history
---------