Hello everyone!

Myself (Josh) and a small independent team are trying a new means of supporting public engagement and accessibility in science and we need your help! We've recently launched:

http://brevy.org

which is a guided-interface wiki to collect plain-language, open summaries of peer-reviewed research. Brevy handles a lot of things for you automatically, so it's easy to add a quick summary without any web/coding knowledge.

To get this going, we really could use the help of the community to start populating the wiki with a pool of summaries. Here's a couple of easy ways to help:
  • Add a summary of your own work or the most significant research in your field
  • Assign making a summary as part of any courses you might teach (great way to introduce undergraduate or early grad students to real research while contributing to a meaningful framework)
  • Encourage colleagues, especially professors, you know to add summaries or have their classes do as well
  • Share it on social media or relevant mailing lists
Thanks, and let me know if there's any questions!

-Josh over at Brevy