_____________________________

Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER and
get the MEDIEVAL NEWS about exhibitions, books, research and finds

On 13 Mar 2016, at 22:47, Cormack, Margaret Jean <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Karen,
Thanks to you and Anders for your comments. What do you mean by 'hard-core Lutheran'?
Meg

From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Karen Schousboe [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2016 5:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] SV: [M-R] Lutheran church interiors

medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture Dear Meg and Anders

I agree fully that the situations in Sweden and Denmark were much alike; any iconoclasm referred to in the sources were the short eruptions in Malmö - and Copenhagen, I should add (and perhaps very early in Viborg); but this was soon stopped as the Danish and Swedish kings were hard-core Lutherans.

Karen