> On 29 Mar 2016, at 11:50, Sarah Madden <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> At the moment I don't believe their visitors are even aware of this particular collection - the museum want to display these images in some way first (on screens / in exhibits) before they attempt to sell copies. Displaying the collection is less of a challenge, it's the sales aspect which I'm interested to do a bit of research into...

In that case, use the display as market research - have an option for visitors browsing the collection to “like” photos and if someone does that, have a quick data capture of an email address for information on if/when the photos become available for purchase.

Gather email addresses first, from people that interact with the images.

Then survey the people that gave up their email address for willingness to purchase, and preferred methods..

Use the most liked images as a reference to print and make some available as prints/postcards in the ‘gift shop’

With a low budget, it’s better to determine demand first.

IMHO

:o)

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg