Hi all-

I had a trawl through the archives and couldn't see that this had been discussed recently...

We're hoping to update our audio tour, and are costing up various options (cheapest = just redoing the audio on existing handsets; nicest = new handsets or app with video and interactive capabilities). I haven't been involved in the production of a full tour before, so I'd love to hear from those of you who do have tours/guides:

*         What hardware are using and why?

*         Did you develop everything in house or use an external service/app? If so, which one, and what were your thoughts?

*         Is your tour just audio, or does it include other functionality (video, interactivity)?

*         Do you make your content available offsite (via an app, Soundcloud, website, other method)? If so, do you charge for it?

Any thoughts welcome, to the list or just to me if needed!

Liz

Liz McCarthy
Web & Digital Media Manager
Bodleian Libraries