Martha

I recommend speaking with Morris Hargreaves McIntyre and their work with
National Trust as research on repeat visits. Obviously a membership model
like NT has weighted result but their work on identifying types of visitor
behaviour goes some way to helping understand who visits more than once
and their motivations. Jay Rounds wrote a good paper on motivations of
visitors in terms of foragers or hunters back in the 2004-6 era which I
think also helps on motivations.

The increase in annual tickets is going to also skew figures, I know my
brother and his family will return time and again to Portsmouth docks with
an annual family pass, however the level of engagement in the culture
versus the activity have a declining relationship. Somewhere like
Bletchley Park has strong use of digital tour and an annual ticket I have
returned twice in one year to try and see it all on one entry fee.

Beware of measuring school repeat visits as the children are not likely
repeated! At least here, our low level of education workshops have
repeated classes from schools and the university but the students are not!

HTH
Mark

Mark Macleod
Head of The Infirmary Museum

Our next event is Reading & Recuperation: Mary Shelleyıs Frankenstein Book
Club:  23rd March, 7pm-8pm.

Discuss the classic book through the eyes of medical history. What
knowledge could Shelley have of the human body? What do you know about
prosthetics and transplants that she didnıt?

Want to join us but canıt travel? Call me and we will do it virtually by
Persicope, Google Hangout or Skype

City Campus
Castle Street
University of Worcester