Hi all

I have been doing a little exploration of Pinterest metrics using their
rather mysterious and poorly documented API.

My interest is not on metrics for an organisation's own pins (for which
they have a dashboard) but for items that have been created by other users
but based on collections.

Has anyone tackled this? Surely the commercial sector must measure this?

The preliminary figures I am getting are rather startling, particularly
with regard to the 'view' figures (I suspect because, like Flickr, they
count the appearance of an item on search results or a board page as a
'view' of the Pin). For example the ca 5,000 pins with links to the
europeana.eu domain that I have so far analysed are recorded as having
cumulative views of over 724 million!

Cheers, James

---
James Morley
Work: labs.europeana.eu / [log in to unmask]
Personal: www.jamesmorley.net / @jamesinealing
Also: www.whatsthatpicture.com / @PhotosOfThePast

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg