March’s #ukmedlibs chat will look at the impact of clinical librarians, the subject of a major study published very recently in Health Information and Libraries Journal:

Brettle, A., Maden, M. and Payne, C. (2016), The impact of clinical librarian services on patients and health care organisations. Health Information & Libraries Journal. doi: 10.1111/hir.12136

[Free to CILIP HLG members. Login to the CILIP website and access the journal at http://www.cilip.org.uk/health-libraries-group/health-information-libraries-journal/access-health-information-libraries-journal-hilj)

This paper is the first large-scale study of the impact of clinical librarian services, based on work in the North-West of England, and offers tools for future research into impact.

We’re lucky to  have Alison Brettle to lead the discussion.

The chat takes place at 8 pm on Tuesday 15 March. Use the hashtag #ukmedlibs when participating.

Tom Roper, Clinical Librarian
Library, Audrey Emerton Building, Royal Sussex County Hospital
(01273) 523312 / RSCH x3312
Brighton and Sussex NHS Library and Knowledge Service  Twitter: @BrightonSx_LKS
Informing • Educating • Influencing
We’ve added 400 new medical and nursing online journals for 2016, giving you more opportunities to enhance your CPD and patient care. Explore our full range here. (NHS OpenAthens password required)