Hi

I am just observing at the moment. I manage collection management: acquisition, access and discovery; our open access repository; foi, dp and copyright; some implementation and support of some learning technologies.

We refer to bibliometrics in our research guide and we have had occasional requests for presentations on this. From a knowledge perspective the expectation is that librarians have a general knowledge of bibliometrics moving to a greater knowledge depending on the research base of the subjects they are supporting. We have a librarian for each faculty.

Our Uni's main focus is learning and teaching but I think there will be greater investment in research in the future.

Vicki

Vicki McGarvey, BA(Hons) DipILS MEd MCLIP CMALT SFHEA
Learning and Information Services Manager
Information Services, Staffordshire University
D140A, Thompson Library, College Road, Stoke-on-Trent
t. 01782 294560 e. [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your computer.