Thanks George,

If I am to understand you correctly, there is a ton of 'abstract only' content in to the repository, which you would rather not have there.

Research administrators sometimes can have the mistaken assumption that the repository should be a definitive index of all works produced by an institution.  Was this the case with you?

I used to think a bit like this, but I now think that such a definitive list should be managed through the CRIS.  As you indicated, you can drown a good repository under a deluge of empty abstracts.

Do you use ORCID, with your CRIS in any way?

David.

David Kane
Systems Librarian

[Waterford Institute of Technology Logo]<http://irishacademicediting.ie/>

[telephone icon]    ++353.051302838<tel:0035351302838>
[mail icon]    [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[Linkedin]<https://ie.linkedin.com/in/davidfkane>     [Facebook] <https://www.twitter.com/davidfkane>