From: Repositories discussion list <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Laurent Romary <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 29 March 2016 11:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Repository content

Le 29 mars 2016 à 12:21, Lyn Gibson <[log in to unmask]> a écrit :

Where do repositories draw the line as to what is accepted as a deposit in the institutional outputs repository?
This is always a difficult issue, but the more restrictive the editorial policy is the more difficult it is to accommodate scholars’ occasional needs.

For example, if a staff member of the institution organises a conference but it is not hosted by the institution would you accept all papers from the conference?
This is routine practice for us where conference organized on https://www.sciencesconf.org/?lang=en often lead to the creation of a collection on HAL.

What about papers published in an in-house open access journal - do you accept all papers published in the journal or only those generated in-house?
I would obviously concur to this. We do even more with Episciences, since any author can deposit a pre-print on HAL (ut also on other publicaiotn repositories) that would then be reviewed by an overlay journal hosted there.
Hope it helps,
Laurent

many thanks,

Lyn Gibson