Hi Natalie

As part of our work at the Public Health England Learning Disabilities Observatory, we produce a regular digest of (English) national statistics concerning people with learning disabilities, excitingly called People with Learning Disabilities in England. Attached is a draft of the education section for the next PWLDIE report, which will hopefully come out in May this year – hopefully this contains some of the information you’re looking for?

Best wishes

Chris

Sent: 10 March 2016 20:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ID statistics

Good evening everyone,

Could anyone point me to recent statistics on the number of children with ID in mainstream primary education in the UK?  The information I am finding is either using 'learning difficulty' and 'learning disability' interchangeably, or is grouping as SEN when I am looking for ID specifically.

Thanking you in advance.

Best

Natalie

Dr. Natalie Campbell
HEA Fellow, Ph.D, MSc, BA (Hons)

Senior Lecturer – Physical & Sport Education
http://www.stmarys.ac.uk/undergraduate/physical-and-sport-education
@physed_sportped

Masters in Education: Pedagogy and Professional Practice in Physical Education
http://www.stmarys.ac.uk/postgraduate-courses-london/masters-in-physical-education

School of Education, Theology and Leadership,
St Mary’s University,
Waldegrave Road,
Twickenham,
London,
TW1 4SX.
www.stmarys.ac.uk<http://www.stmarys.ac.uk/>

Tel: 020 8240 4179

Disclaimer

This email may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed.

If you are not the intended recipient, we are sorry that you have received this email in error. Please note that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Please contact the sender, do not open any attachments, and delete the email immediately.

Any views and opinions are those of the individual sender and not necessarily those of St Mary's University Twickenham.

Please rely on your own anti-malware software. No responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any infection.

We reserve the right to monitor e-mail messages passing through our network as permitted under UK law.