Dear Rob

The 2014 HER Content and Computing Survey asked ‘what is the total number of monument records in the HER database?’ 72 HERs (84%) responded to the survey and the numbers they gave ranged from 700 to 88,161. From the figures provided, we estimate that the total number of monument records in England are in excess of 1.39 million.

Best wishes

Jane

Jane Golding

Heritage Information Partnerships Manager

Listing Group

Direct dial: 01793 414735      Mobile: 07827664269

Details of all nationally designated heritage assets in England from buildings to battlefields are now available online - search The National Heritage List for England

We have launched four new, paid-for Enhanced Advisory Services, providing enhancements to our existing free planning and listing services. For more information on the new Enhanced Advisory Services as well as our free services go to our website: http://www.historicengland.org.uk/EAS