Dear all,

Just a final reminder of the deadline for abstracts for our colloquium in Cambridge in September – deadline is tomorrow, March 31 (though I THINK that Torsten plans to be a little forgiving of latecomers …)

Nicola

From: Henry Sweet Society for the History of Linguistic Ideas [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nicola McLelland
Sent: 01 February 2016 10:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CFP Henry Sweet Colloquium Cambridge Sept 13-15

Dear colleagues,

Please find attached the Call for Papers for this year’s Henry Sweet Society colloquium, to be held at Pembroke College, Cambridge September 13-15, 2016. This year’s theme is Onomastics and its history, but as ever papers on any aspect of the history of linguistics are welcome. The deadline for abstracts is March 31st – to be sent to the organizer, Torsten Meissner, [log in to unmask] .

Best wishes,

Nicola McLelland

logo-v5-300dpi                                                                    CRESLINE

PEMBROKE COLLEGE · CAMBRIDGE

ANNUAL COLLOQUIUM of the Henry Sweet Society for the History of Linguistic ideas

Call for Papers

13-15 September 2016, Pembroke College, University of Cambridge

Papers are invited for the 2016 Annual Colloquium of the Henry Sweet Society, on any aspect of the history of linguistics and linguistic ideas. The particular focus this time will be on the study of

ONOMASTICS AND ITS HISTORY

Papers will be 20 minutes in length, followed by 10 minutes of discussion. Please submit abstracts (no more than 500 words) by 31 March 2016 for consideration by the Organising Committee to: Dr Torsten Meißner, [log in to unmask].

We look forward to welcoming you in Cambridge next September!

Prof. Nicola McLelland

Professor of German and History of Linguistics

Head of the Dept. of German Studies, School of Cultures, Languages and Area Studies

University of Nottingham UK NG7 2RD

+44 (0)115 951 5822

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/clas/people/nicola.mclelland

Editor, Language & History,  the ISI-indexed journal of the Henry Sweet Society: http://www.maney.co.uk/index.php/journals/lhi/

Latest book: German Through English Eyes. A History of Language Teaching and Learning in Britain, 1500-2000. http://www.harrassowitz-verlag.de/title_832.ahtml

http://www.harrassowitz-verlag.de/dzo/artikel/131/832_131.jpg?t=1425912360

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.