Dear colleagues,

This is just a final reminder that the deadline for paper proposals for panels at the upcoming AGS 2016 is fast approaching - 1st April 2016. I would very much welcome any additional proposals before and on the date of the deadline to review alongside existing proposals I've already received. If you have any questions or queries on my panel, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Teaching German as a Foreign Language: Features, Functions and Challenges
Convener: Clive Earls (Maynooth); [log in to unmask]

This panel will explore current theory and practice surrounding the teaching of German as a foreign language by investigating its contemporary features, functions and challenges. It welcomes papers from scholars from multiple disciplinary and interdisciplinary backgrounds including Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Sociology, Education, and Literary & Cultural Studies. Papers may deal with areas such as Second Language Acquisition, German as a global language, Language Policy and Planning, Didactics, Computer-Aided Language Learning (CALL), Discourse Analysis, amongst others. A variety of research within and/or across different national contexts, as well as studies within and/or across primary, secondary and tertiary education sectors is particularly welcome.

With best wishes,
Clive.

Dr. Clive W. Earls
German Studies
Secretary of the German Studies Association of Ireland
School of Modern Languages, Literature & Culture
Maynooth University, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Ireland.

T: +353 1 708 7512
Office: 2.104, Callan Building
E: [log in to unmask]