Audience Development Coordinator: Volunteers and Communities

Geffrye Museum, London

Salary: £23,400 per annum

Contract: Fixed term until 31st March 2017

Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)

Location: Hoxton, London

The Geffrye is under-going a period of significant strategic development and change. Our Learning and Curatorial teams have recently merged into a single Collections, Learning and Engagement Department, creating exciting new opportunities for working together to create new learning sessions, gallery interpretation and exhibitions to meet the needs of all our visitors.

We have been successful in securing a two year Arts Council England (ACE) funded project, Geffrye 100: building resilience and unlocking innovation (2015-17) which focuses on audience development working with new local audiences to ensure that a range of diverse communities are included in planning future learning sessions and that their experiences of home are represented in our permanent galleries and collections.

We are looking for a skilled, inspiring and creative Audience Development Coordinator to help deliver the volunteer and community strands of our ACE project. You will have wide experience of working with volunteers and diverse communities in a museum, gallery or heritage setting. You will also have excellent administrative, project management and organisational skills, and a keen interest in museums.

Full details of the post and application process are available on our website:

http://www.geffrye-museum.org.uk/aboutus/jobs/

Closing date: Sunday 3rd April (midnight)

Interview date: Thursday 12th April

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on behalf of Geffrye Museum.