Hi everyone!

Are you in Yorkshire and Humberside and looking for a new challenge or professional development?

Fancy giving a little back to the sector?

GEM Yorkshire and Humberside are looking for a new Co-Convenor for the region in the role of Secretary.

We currently have Jael Williams as Chair and Kate Fellows as Treasurer, but we need a third pair of hands to make our trio complete!

How much time does it take?

We meet 2-3 times a year over coffee, for a couple of hours, to arrange the regional events programme, but are in fortnightly email contact. We share the responsibility for organising individual events. This means jointly creating the Study Days with the host organisation, setting up the Eventbrite, marketing them to members (including through social media) and be 'GEM host' for around two of the regional Study Days. As Secretary, there's also an element of keeping the mailing list up-to-date and note taking.

Why should I do it?

It's brilliant CPD and networking, as you get to meet a lot of people from across the region doing lots of wonderful and fabulous things. For your organisation, or for you if you are working freelance, it helps to be linked to the 'bigger picture'. Convenors in the past have found it really rewarding in terms of 'giving a little back' to a sector we are passionate about!

How do the finances stack up?

It's a voluntary role, but we cover out-of-pocket expenses from GEM funds (eg. train tickets or travel to meetings)

Ok, I'm interested, what do I do now?

We are just gauging interest at this stage, but if lots of wonderful people are interested we will have to go to a members vote. To express an interest, email Kate Fellows on [log in to unmask] or, if you want to chat things through, give me a ring on 07891276891.

Deadline for expressions of interest: Monday 11 April 12 noon

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Best, Kate

Kate Fellows

Learning Manager, Leeds Museums and Galleries

07891276891

Please note I work Monday-Thursday.

98% of Leeds primary schools and 97% of Leeds secondary schools have visited Leeds Museums and Galleries in the last three years. Come and find out why.....

www.leeds.gov.uk/museumsandgalleries

www.mylearning.org

Recycle for Leeds
Look out for your handy guide to recycling in your Council Tax bill this month and put it on your noticeboard, fridge or cupboard door for quick reference.
Click here
for a quick check of what goes in which bin.

The information in this email (and any attachment) may be for the intended recipient only. If you know you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disclose the information in any way and please delete this email (and any attachment) from your system.

The Council does not accept service of legal documents by e-mail.