Dear GEM’mers,

I hope you had a lovely Easter!

I have been asked by the South East Museum Development Programme (SEMDP) to carry out some research on Trustee diversity and skills in the south east region. We are carrying out a literature review of support materials around Trustee diversity, and a consultation on diversity with Trustees in South East England.

I know that some of you are Trustees of, or work with Trustees in, museums in South East England . I was wondering, if you are a Trustee could take 10 to 15 minutes to complete our online questionnaire on Trustee diversity; or if you are working any Boards who you think would like to contribute to let them know about the project. This will help SEMDP identify best practice in Trustee diversity and what challenges Boards currently face. All the information will go towards developing Trustee support programmes between now and 2018.

Please note, as well as covering the regular themes of diversity – gender, age, ethnicity, and socio-economic diversity – we are also examining the diversity of skills and experience within Boards. This is an opportunity for Trustees in South East England to let SEMDP know what their Board’s needs are, and what support they would like from them in the future.

It would be great to gather as many opinions, from as wide a range of Trustees, as possible and so we welcome responses from individual Trustees or representatives of whole Boards. If you are interested in contributing you can complete the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SEMDPTDS. The survey closes on the 6th April 2016.

Many thanks

Paddy

Paddy McNulty Assoicates