Dear experts,

I would appreciate some dumbed-down information about the time courses in melodic_Tmodes and the tXX.txt file.

What are the scale units and what is the time course normalized to? Is it correct that they reflect the values that came off the scanner, demeaned and divided by the variance? (I fed in non-normalized data and selected variance normalization). Or were these time courses also normalized somehow AFTER Melodic was run (if so, exactly how?)? I'm confused about which computations were done on the voxel time courses versus the IC time courses. What would I write in a paper to describe the units and normalization?

Second, was the normalization of time courses done for one fMRI run at the time or for the entire concatenated time course? (multisession temporal concat)

Many thanks!
Kajsa