Andreas

Von: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Colin Hawco <[log in to unmask]>
Antworten an: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: Dienstag, 15. März 2016 17:48
An: <[log in to unmask]>
Betreff: Re: [FSL] design matrix for testing A=B vs A!=B

You are committing a statistically fallacy here, by trying to say A and B are equal. You cannot demonstrate that with that contrast. If p < 0.05 we reject the null hypothesis that A and B are EQUAL. If p > 0.05, all we can say is that we are not certain that any difference between A and B is a true population difference for our probability level.

You cannot really show two groups are equal based on a traditional t-test. In fact that is very tricky to do. The best you can do with this approach is show they are not STATISTICALLY different at a given threshold.

Colin Hawco, PhD

Neuranalysis Consulting

Neuroimaging analysis and consultation

www.neuranalysis.com