Hi Laura,
see below

Il giorno 15/mar/2016, alle ore 13:32, Laura Palacio <[log in to unmask]> ha scritto:

Hello,

I was trying to create the training data using this command:

/usr/local/fix/fix -t <Training> [-l]  <Melodic1.ica> <Melodic2.ica> ...

Specifically, in my case for my computer I used: Desktop/fix/fix -t Desktop/Training -l Desktop/my_folders/017MSV.ica
However, it gives an error while running because it says it cannot find: 017MSV.ica/fix/features.csv.

Previously, in the ICA folder there was no fix folder inside of it. So I assumed that either it should be created while running FIX or I should have it already: So my question is: Should I obtain a fix folder inside the ICA folder after running Melodic? If so, how can I do it?

In your command line you need the list of all the subjects' folders included in the training dataset. If the features have not been extracted yet, it will extract them for each subject (but see below for the other problem)

Maybe the problem does not come from here and FIX is trying to create this folder (and features.csv file). Maybe it cannot create it because I do not have Matlab in the computer. I downloaded Octave. Do I need Matlab to create this file or Octave is enough? I believe this error has something to do with Matlab because it says: /opt/fmrib/matlab/bin/matlab not found!

Since it cannot find features.csv, then a Training folder is created but it does not contain anything inside of it.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me please and tell me what's going on.

Yes, you need matlab to be able to run FIX (or octave, or a pre-compiled version).
See instructions in the README file provided with the tool.

Thank you very much in advance,
Laura

Cheers,
Ludovica

Ludovica Griffanti, PhD
Analysis Postdoctoral Research Assistant
Oxford Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB)
Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Oxford
John Radcliffe Hospital
Oxford, OX3 9DU, UK
email: [log in to unmask]