Dear David,

Let me post a follow up: The eddy on one PE direction in the DWIs with opposite PEs in B0s work perfectly!
If I would like to run eddy on only the PA encoded DWIs should I put the PA encoded B0 image first in the topup, followed by the AP encoded B0? Does it matter which B0 is the first image for topup?

yes. The first b0 passed to topup defines the space for the susceptibility field and the first volume (typically a b0) passed to eddy defines the reference space for all your diffusion data. You want those two spaces to be the same, so you should strive to have the same b0 as the first volume for both topup and eddy.

Jesper

Regards,
Szabolcs