Hi

Everyone, thanks for all your replies….I ‘ll let you know.

Thanks

Shirley

Sent: 08 March 2016 11:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: REQUESTS FOR SEPARATE ROOMS

Shirley I would get clarification as to whether, to your ALS, ‘separate’ means ‘individual’. Page 69 of the orange book and page 24 of the ICE book are the only place separate invigilation’ is made reference too, and an Exam Officer could reasonably interpret what is written as ‘separate from the main exam venue’ rather than ‘separate and on their own’ – that is certainly how I interpret it and I would want some really strong evidence that couldn’t possibly be provided by assessment alone to prove ‘individual rooms’ were needed.

Also, the bottom line is, as Caroline Read of Communicate-Ed is always saying, centres can only provide according to their resources and there has to be a balance between need and resources at all times. Sounds to me as if your ALS just spout the techy stuff to cover themselves but aren’t willing to engage in what could work for the individual given the resources available.

Let us know what happens!

Sarah

Sarah Cassel-Gerard

Examinations Officer