Hi Tony

I think our major bug-bears are the permission levels in the Refreshed Walled Garden.  Despite what the C&G reps said at the AoC conference, there doesn’t appear to be any rhyme or reason to the way permission levels have been transferred.  I used to approve anyone in Exams with Exams permission and all other staff as Educationalist.  That has been translated in the Refreshed Walled Garden into all sorts of permission levels – Secondary User, Read Only User, Tutor User…

The Read Only option only allows a user to search the Catalogue and every other permission (except Finance User) allows the account holder to place orders.  There isn’t an option which allows someone to just be able to look up results, for example, which either means that we are going to spend our time looking up results for tutors or let them have an account which allows them to place orders and hope that a) they don’t realise they can and b) don’t try to!

Searching the Catalogue is a bit different – it defaults to what you are approved for so you need to remember to select the View All option if you are looking up information on something else.

There is less information in the catalogue as well so durations for evolve tests aren’t there anymore, for example.

The scrolling still makes me *emotional*

The time it takes for a file to appear once you have selected it for upload is a bit of a joke and we see more file errors with uploads of registrations only to try and upload again and then get the message that it is a duplicate file.

When C&G presented at the AoC conference they said all these changes had been requested by EOs and there was no development scheduled until the end of 2016…

Best wishes

Ros Stapleton

Achievement & Exams Officer

College of West Anglia