Apologies for self promotion but there is a book written especially with primary care in mind and written as a self-study guide (rather than a text-book) which seems to be what you are asking for, Making your practice evidence-based
http://www.rcgp.org.uk/bookshop/practice-library/making-your-practice-evidence-based.aspx

If you are an AIT, Anca, you might get a member’s discount or free delivery.

Kev Hopayian