Dear colleagues,

As many of you will know, we have been working in collaboration with UCISA and the Heads of e-Learning Forum on solutions to challenges around the electronic management of feedback (EMA).

We are very pleased to announce the launch of a new resource, an update to another, with one more resource to follow:

·         Our new ‘Electronic management of assessment processes and systems’  guidance is now live. This guide aims to help you review and improve your business processes around EMA and select the right systems for the job. It benefits those in universities leading change with assessment and feedback from an academic or administrative perspective, as well as suppliers and IT staff who manage the systems. The process maps provided around submission, marking and feedback link through to supplier responses to identified systems requirements. We have summarised all of the supplier responses as well as providing access to the individual, fuller response from each supplier. We very much welcome any comment or discussion around these responses on the blog.

·         We have also now updated our ‘Transforming assessment and feedback’ guide, which launched last Autumn, with further updates following the feedback we received from you all - thank you to all who contributed. It now also includes a number of podcast interviews with a few of our pilot institutions. The guide is designed to help you maximise efficiencies and enhancements that technology can bring to your existing assessment practices. You can explore this guidance via the assessment and feedback lifecycle, as well by assessment theme.

Our EMA self-assessment tool is still under development and once this is ready to go I’ll be in touch with a further update.

Please do get in touch to let us know how you are using these resources, or with any queries, by email or twitter via the hashtag #jiscassess.

Best wishes,

Lisa and Gill

Jisc

Lisa Gray
Senior Co-Design Manager, Student Experience

M 07769 911264
Skype lisajgray
Twitter ljanegray
One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 882 5529 90. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800. jisc.ac.uk