Dear Colleagues,

We invite PhD students to participate at the inaugural workshop of the Young Economic Geographers Network (YEGN), held at the University of Bern, from 17th to 19th of August 2016. The YEGN workshop is a unique opportunity for PhD students to present their work among peers, and even more importantly to build up a network among young active scientists in economic geography.
Accommodation will be paid for. Travel stipends are available. We aim at covering 80% of travel expenses for all participants. Places are limited to 20 participants.
We have the pleasure to announce Dr. Magnus Nilsson from the Centre for Innovation, Research and Competence in the Learning Economy (CIRCLE) at Lund University and Dr. Jürgen Essletzbichler from the department of geography at University College London (UCL) as keynote speakers. Thematically, the workshop aims to provide a platform to discuss different perspectives on regional development, innovation and inequality.
For further information, please see the attached call for applicants or https://yegn.wordpress.com/.

Best wishes,

Antoine, Emelie and Rahel

Antoine Habersetzer
PhD-Student

University of Bern
Department of Geography

Hallerstrasse 12
3012 Bern
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 5269
Mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
www.geography.unibe.ch/eg<http://www.geography.unibe.ch/eg>