DnA Logo!.jpg

Diversity and Ability SpLD Study Skills Tutor

Job Description

‘Diversity and Ability’ are looking for a SpLD Study Skills Tutor to work with students based in Epsom, Surrey.

We are an end-user led social enterprise that champions neurodiversity and embraces a celebratory model of disability. We provide SpLD Study Skills Support and Assistive Technology Training to learners in Higher Education and the work-place; and believe a holistic model of support using integrated Assistive Technology strategies is key. If you want to learn more about us and why we believe we’re different to the rest, visit our ‘Welcome’ page!

As an SpLD Study Skills Tutor you would be involved in tutoring students on a one

to one basis to help them with university life and work. The role involves:

  • Creating effective learning strategies that take into account the student’s individual learning style, course requirements and specific needs

  • Assisting with all study related strategy building- encompassing reading, writing, note-taking, planning, organisation, revision etc.

  • Ensuring the student is accessing and understanding the course material to a good standard

  • Assisting with reinforcement of course material should the student need reiteration and bolstering of ideas

  • Supporting the student to develop practical, holistic, and integrated strategies (SpLD study skills and AT) with regards to workload and academic expectations

  • Signposting the student towards other practitioners involved in the student’s support network where relevant

If this opportunity to join a friendly and vibrant team interests you, please do get in touch! You can call us on 0800 978 8303 or email [log in to unmask]. We’d love to hear from you!

Right, now for the confidential stuff. This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a named recipient, please contact the sender and delete the mail from your system. Thanks!  Diversity and Ability Limited. Registered in England and Wales. Company Registration No: 07525234