*With apologies for cross-posting*

We are hosting a colloquium on digital visualisation in the humanities at the University of Reading, UK on March 31st, funded by the British Academy's Rising Star Engagement Award scheme.

Speakers include:

Prof James Packer - creator with Gil Gorski of a new digital model of the Roman Forum<http://www.cambridge.org/cr/academic/subjects/archaeology/classical-archaeology/roman-forum-reconstruction-and-architectural-guide>

Tayfun Oner - creator of digital models of Byzantium<http://www.byzantium1200.com> and Babylon<http://www.kadingirra.com>

Patrick Gibbs of the Centre for the Study of Christianity and Culture<http://www.christianityandculture.org.uk>, York

Luke Lavan, of Kent's Visualising Late Antiquity<https://visualisinglateantiquity.wordpress.com> project

... and a range of speakers from the UK, Sweden, Italy, and Cyprus, discussing a variety of academic and commercial reconstruction and visualisation projects.

We will leave time for plenary discussion, and for demonstrations/displays of visualisation projects. If you are a researcher, student, professional, or aficionado of digital visualisation in any humanities context we would love to see you there. Lunch provided.

Please click the link for  the current Draft programme<http://blogs.reading.ac.uk/virtual-rome/files/2016/01/Draft-programme.pdf> (and NB that this may be subject to a change or two).

All welcome: please contact Elisabeth Meijer ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) if you would like to come.