From: Scottish Digital Cultural Resources Network <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Workshop announcement!

The Scottish Network on Digital Cultural Resources Evaluation is excited to announce the details of our next workshop:

Evaluating Use and Impact
Thursday, March 31, 2016
10.30am-4.00pm
Scottish Universities Insight Institute, Collins Building, University of Strathclyde

This workshop will be a forum for discussing and comparing methodologies that have been used to examine the use of digital resources and their effects on learning, research and engagement with collections. What quantitative and qualitative methods support this type of research, and what tools can be used by cultural workers and scholars? This workshop will consider recent developments such as online usage data and eye-tracking technologies, as well as established ethnographic and anthropological approaches. Crucially, it will ask participants to reflect on how we can move beyond simply recording how users interact with digital resources to understanding why.

The day will include presentations from leading practitioners and scholars based in the UK and Europe, as well as opportunities for group work and discussion among attendees.

Speakers include:

Professor Paul Clough, Professor in Information Retrieval, University of Sheffield “Evaluating Information Searching in Digital Cultural Heritage: Thinking Outside the (Search) Box?”
Dr Areti Galani, Lecturer in Museum and Heritage Studies in the International Centre for Cultural and Heritage Studies, Newcastle University
                   “Experience-driven Evaluation Methods for Mobile Cultural Applications”

Jan Hendrik Hammer, Research Associate, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany “Eye Tracking, Gaze Analysis and Gaze-based Interaction”

Dr Jen Ross, Lead Investigator of the Artcasting project, and Co-Director of the Centre for Research in Digital Education, University of Edinburgh
“Artcasting: Reflections on a New Approach to Understanding Engagement with Art”

As with past events, this is a free workshop although we ask that you register through Eventbrite:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/evaluating-use-and-impact-tickets-22494986109