*** With apologies for cross-posting ***

We’re very pleased and excited to announce the nominees for this year’s IRMS Awards.

In a change to practice this year, we decided to reveal the nominees in order to celebrate their achievement, as being nominated by our members – your peers – is an honour in itself.

A huge congratulations to all of those listed below. Keep an eye out for more information about each of the nominees in the coming weeks. Judging will be by the Awards Panel (unless stated otherwise) and will get underway soon.

One notable exception to this is ‘Innovation of the Year’ which (as well as being a new award) is living up to its name by being decided by a public vote! More information on this to follow soon.

The winners will then be announced and their awards presented at our Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony in Brighton on Monday 16 May 2016 (which also features our guest speaker, legendary British actor Brian Blessed).

Once again, this year’s field of nominees demonstrates and reflects the breadth of the profession, with organisations large and small, across public and private sectors, all represented.

Innovation of the Year (public vote!)
- Safeguarding records whilst they are on temporary requisition to Government Departments from The National Archives – Government and Remote Services, The National Archives
- Digital Transfer Project – The National Archives

Supplier of the Year
- Restore
- Iron Mountain
- Box-It

Team of the Year
- Information and Records Management Service, Warwickshire County Council
- Information Management Team, Chelmsford City Council
- Information Management Team, London Borough of Barnet

Professional of the Year
- Barry Moult, Head of Information Governance and Health Records, Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust
- Jamie McDonald, Information Management Assistant, British Land
- Alex Fitzgerald, Records Manager, East Lothian Council
- Michael Read, Information Manager, Chelmsford City Council

IRMS Lifetime Achievement Award and IRMS Special Award
- The recipients of these will be announced at the Gala Dinner.

Tribal Bulletin Content Award – also known as ‘Author of the Year’
- This is currently being judged by the Bulletin Editor and the Communications Officer, and the winner will be announced at the Gala Dinner.

Alison North Award for New Professionals
- New professionals were invited to submit an article for consideration. These are now being judged by Alison herself alongside our Vice-Chair, and winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner.

More information about our awards and previous winners can be found in the awards area of our website - www.irms.org.uk/about-us/awards

Kind regards

Joe Chapman
IRMS Communications Officer