Dear all (and apologies for cross-posting):

The AAG is almost upon us! As the Chair of the Geographies of Religions and Belief Systems (GORABS) Specialty Group, I'm excited to be making the following announcements for the AAG:

Of special interest to critical geographers regardless of interest in religion or otherwise, our Annual Lecture (Session 2684) this year will be given by Dr Katharyne Mitchell (University of Washington) on Sanctuary and Refugees in Europe. The *REVISION* is as follows: while the original program has this lecture in a Thursday slot, it has been CHANGED to Wednesday, 5:20 PM - 7 PM in Metropolitan B, JW Marriott Hotel, 2nd Floor.

We have also revised the time for our Business Meeting (which was originally also on Thursday) to immediately follow the Annual Lecture in the same room. All are welcome to stay; our meeting will last no longer than one hour.

On Thursday, there is a Joint Keynote Session held by the China Geography Specialty Group and GORABS that will be delivered by Dr Fenggang Yang (Purdue) on Mapping Chinese Spiritual Capital and Religious Markets. This will be held from 11:50 AM - 1:10 PM in Imperial B, Hilton Hotel, Ballroom Level.

We hope to see you all at these special GORABS events!

Cheers,
Justin Tse

--
Justin K.H. Tse 謝堅恆, PhD