Dear all

A request for help. I will happily summarise responses for the list.

Can anyone suggest a stand (ideally portable) for scanning archive papers that will work with an iPhone and accommodate bound or uneven pages?

A researcher who is using a number of collections regularly needs to capture a substantial number of copies.

I realise a regular scanner would be an obvious alternative but he would like to use his handheld as he travels extensively and has software/apps installed and connections to his cloud storage that assist his navigation.

Neither of the below options seem ideal given the variability in size of archive papers.

https://www.modahaus.com/steady-stands/

http://standscan.com

Thank you in advance

Justine Mann | Project Archivist | Literary Archives | University of East Anglia Archives

Direct tel +44 (0) 1603 59 3483

Blog: https://unboundueaarchives.wordpress.com/category/bacw/

Twitter: @UEAArchives

Website: www.uea.ac.uk/bacw

University of East Anglia

UK Top 15 (14th in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015)
UK 6th for Student Experience (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 201
5)
World Top 1% (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2014-15)
World Top 100 (Leiden Ranking 2014)

facebook  twitter-old tumblr flickr linkedin youtube cid:image008.png@01CF8BB5.50024060

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this email or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.