After years of debate, false starts, planning and renovations, movers began filling its shelves Monday. They trucked records from the Hastings Heritage Centre in Cannifton to the new archive facility within the Belleville Public Library.

The Community Archives are a joint project of the Hastings County Historical Society and the councils of Hastings County and Belleville.

For years, their records have been kept at the Heritage Centre, the former Thurlow Township hall which served the purpose well – except for the structural problems, bats, mice and insects.

http://bit.ly/21NzYgy
http://bit.ly/21NzYgy+

--
Peterk