Good afternoon all,

I have a collection of (original) photographic negatives taken in the 1940s and 50s. I understand that the first owner of the copyright for photographs taken during this period is the owner of the negatives. I'm currently struggling to understand is how this rule translates for subsequent owners. Does copyright reside with whoever owns the negatives, or does is reside with the heirs of the original copyright owner?

Many thanks for any information

Kelda

Kelda Roe
Collections Manager