Dear colleagues

The Archives and Records Association (UK and Ireland) warmly invites
you to attend our annual conference 'Global Futures' to be held in
London between 31st August to 2nd September 2016.

We know our future is a global one. Global relationships,
interactions, communications and connectivity are shifting the way in
which we live and work. The record, its information content and memory
are an increasing global commodity and as professional custodians we
are responsible for authenticity and integrity; which in turn ensures
that global research, knowledge exchange, collective memory, political
and legal rights, are able to be explored, scrutinized and upheld. Our
professional lives often focus on pragmatic response to everyday
situations, but we face a constant requirement to communicate and
demonstrate to ourselves and to others our ability to place our work
firmly in the future.

We are confident our sector is creative, innovative, adaptable and
firmly forward facing. That is why in 2016, we will hear about our
Global Future at the ARA annual conference.

A full programme is available on our website at
www.archives.org.uk/ara-in-action/the-ara-conference.html with early
bird registration available until the 18th April 2016. A model
business case to assist with gaining internal support within your own
organisation is also available on the website.

The response to our call for papers was tremendous and the scope and
scale of submissions wide-ranging. We will have speakers from all of
the UK and Ireland, and from Sweden, Thailand, Germany, and the USA.
We have strands for Archives and Records, Conservation and Digital
Preservation/Digital Archives and Records. Three days. 92 speakers. 69
papers, workshops and panel discussions. Information village, ARA Hub.
Research posters. Professional networking. Social events. You!

Andrew R Nicoll
Chair, ARA Conference Committee