From: Geiling, Jean Marie <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2016-03-22 10:43 GMT+00:00
Subject: Call for Papers: JIA2016 in Santander
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Please share with everybody who might be interested!

Dear All,

We invite you to contribute abstracts for oral and poster presentations for the session entitled

“Palaeolithic Human Subsistence and Environment – Theory and Praxis” (Session reference: S9)

at the forthcoming “IX Jornadas de Jóvenes en Investigación Arqueológica” (JIA2016). The congress, for young archaeological investigators, is organized by the International Institute for Prehistoric Research of Cantabria (University of Cantabria) in Santander (Spain) from 8-11th June 2016.

We are particularly interested in papers that apply bioarchaeological, zooarchaeological and environmental techniques as well as their theoretical approach and practical application to reconstruct Palaeolithic human subsistence and environment. More information on the session S9 can be found here.

Authors can submit abstracts of papers and posters up to 300 words to the coordinator of the session [log in to unmask].

The deadline for abstract submission is April 17th 2016.

The JIA2016 congress is a scientific event which objective is to encourage the discussion, facilitate scientific networking for young researchers and update the state of art of archaeological investigations among those persons who have not obtained their doctoral thesis yet. You can find more sessions, round tables and workshops at our website: jia2016Santander.unican.es

We are looking forward to receiving your submissions, and hope to see many of you in Santander!

Comité Organizador JIA2016

Jeanne Marie Geiling, M.Sc.
FPI - Predoctoral Research Fellow

Instituto Internacional de Investigaciones Prehistóricas de Cantabria
Laboratorio de Bioarqueología, Edificio Interfacultativo
Universidad de Cantabria, Avda. de los Castros, s/n
39005 Santander - Cantabria - ESPAÑA