Dear all,
Please find below a message from Academics for Peace, In Turkey.
Please do not hesitate to circulate.

As you might know, three of our friends are in prison. Previously, we announced that Esra Mungan is under solitary confinement. Yesterday, Esra Mungan was taken to another cell which is smaller, filthier, and stuffier for no valid reason. Also, Muzaffer Kaya and Kıvanç Ersoy were transferred to the Silivri Prison yesterday. One of our lawyers from Academics for Peace today visited the Silivri Prison. She told us that Muzaffer Kaya and Kıvanç Ersoy sent their best regards to everyone. They say that they are strictly segregated, they stay alone in the cells for three people, they are not allowed to see each other or any others; all their books were taken from them with the promise that they would be given back later, their rooms are completely empty except for a pen and a notebook, they were searched naked when they were first taken to Silivri and kept naked for twenty minutes which is an utterly dishonoring situation, and that their first request is to stay together in the same cell." Our friends have been sending their messages of struggle since the first day they were detained. Their captivity conditions could not overcome their strength and their insistence to raise their cry for peace. Now, in response to their resistance, more degrading and inhuman conditions are being imposed on our friends. We demand the immediate cessation of this degrading treatment and the release of our friends. We would like to let everyone know about this situation and encourage all to spread the information throughout national and international media and institutions. This situation is unacceptable. Yesterday we started #özgürlüknöbetleri / #watchesforfreedom in front of the prisons they are kept in. These #özgürlüknöbetleri / #watchesforfreedom will continue everyday. This is also an invitation for all to send them postcards to show their support. We will raise the solidarity for the release of our friends. This call is to the people all around the world who demands peace and who raise their voice for peace. Please spread the word and support #AcademicsForPeace.

You can send your letters and solidarity messages to these addresses: Kıvanç Ersoy: Silivri Cezaevi 9 Numaralı Yüksek Güvenlikli Kapalı Cezaevi C-1 Blok 6 Silivri-İSTANBUL Muzaffer Kaya: Silivri Cezaevi 9 Numaralı Yüksek Güvenlikli Kapalı Cezaevi C-1 Blok 4 Silivri-İSTANBUL Esra Mungan Gürsoy: Bakırköy Kadın Kapalı Ceza İnfaz Kurumu Bakırköy-İSTANBUL

> "Barışın sesi susturulamaz."
> Barış için Akademisyenler
> https://www.facebook.com/barisicinakademisyenler/?fref=ts
* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers
*
* To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
* go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *
*