Dear all

We are expanding our RSS statistical ambassadors programme and have ten places available. Find out more and apply now at:
https://www.statslife.org.uk/members-area/member-news/latest-call-outs-to-members/2710-could-you-be-one-of-our-statistical-ambassadors

The RSS statistical ambassadors programme is developing the public engagement skills of UK-based professional statisticians, to create a cohort of volunteers willing and able to respond to requests from event organisers and the media. Existing ambassadors have given media interviews, participated in public events, helped journalists and press officers understand statistical issues, written popular articles, and much more.

We are now accepting applications for a further ten ambassadors to join the programme.

The programme is specifically aimed at early-career statisticians (up to ten years in the profession), including postgraduate students, and those with limited public communication experience.

It aims to support and assist those who wish to engage with public audiences about statistical matters through the media, in person, or online. The programme is not aimed at those wishing to change careers into the media or into professional communication roles.

Statistical ambassadors will receive two days' training and four telephone group mentoring sessions with experts including David Spiegelhalter, Winton Professor for the Public Understanding of Risk at Cambridge University, to help you reflect on and develop your skills. We ask statistical ambassadors to be responsive to requests from the RSS for volunteer time for public engagement. Participation in the programme is eligible for the RSS CPD requirements.

Applications close on 23 March 2016. For full details of how to apply, visit: https://www.statslife.org.uk/members-area/member-news/latest-call-outs-to-members/2710-could-you-be-one-of-our-statistical-ambassadors

With best wishes

Scott

Scott Keir
Head of Education and Statistical Literacy

The Royal Statistical Society
12 Errol Street, London EC1Y 8LX
Direct dial: (44) 020 7614 3929
www.rss.org.uk<http://www.rss.org.uk/>

The RSS is a registered charity No. 306096

SIGNOFF allstat