We used to see this and switched to lithium heparin tubes in the hope of
reducing the micro-clots which were thought to be producing false
positives. However, we still leave samples to stand for at least ten
minutes on receipt as we find the tubes are not always mixed immediately
post venepuncture so we can get clots even with lithium heparin tubes

helen

Helen Verrill
Consultant Clinical Scientist | North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation
Trust
T: 01642 624455| E: [log in to unmask]
www.nth.nhs.uk <http://www.nth.nhs.uk/>

  <http://www.nth.nhs.uk/>