I agree with Danny that it might be "bezeroz" I just no idea what they were
called! They are not uncommon in Icelandic sheep especially if they have
been underfed.

Dýrabeinafornleifafræðingur MA │ Zooarchaeologist MA
Auðlindadeild │ Faculty of Land and Animal Resources
Landbúnaðarháskóli Íslands │ The Agricultural University of Iceland
<http://www.lbhi.is>
Keldnaholti
112 Reykjavík, Iceland

Farsími │ Mobile. +354 6979896