From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of S Hamilton-Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 16 February 2016 17:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] Perforated Iron Age horse mandible

Hi all - if you go to the publications tab on that page it is in the 1st pdf link - page 38-39
S.

SH-D ArchaeoZoology
http://www.shd-archzoo.co.uk

On 16/02/2016 16:48, emmy nijssen wrote:
Dear Lena,

Indeed as Jacopo suggested such a sledge has been found before. Even with the hole in the same spot as yours.
Here is a link to a medieval Dutch example.
<http://www.geschiedenisvanvlaardingen.nl/collectie/archeologie/vondsten-opgraving-kolpabad-westlandseweg-1998/prikslee-gemaakt-uit-een-paardenkaak>http://www.geschiedenisvanvlaardingen.nl/collectie/archeologie/vondsten-opgraving-kolpabad-westlandseweg-1998/prikslee-gemaakt-uit-een-paardenkaak

Unfortunately I don't have access to the publication of this, medieval example, but if I'm not mistaken,  research was done somewhere in the mid '90 by Lauwerier on this subject.

Best wishes
Emmy Nijssen