Dear colleagues,

I have the pleasure to inform you about the publication of the English edition of

Superdiversity in the Heart of Europe: how migration changes our society’ (ISBN 9789462924284) by Dirk Geldof

(ACCO www.acco.be/superdiversity or [log in to unmask]).

The book ‘Superdiversity in the Heart of Europe: how migration changes our society’ portrays the transition towards superdiversity in Belgium, especially in cities as Brussels and Antwerp, and outlines the challenges.

This book moves the beacons of the stranded ideological debate about the whether-or-not desirability of a multicultural society. Superdiversity in  the Heart of Europe describes why the us versus them mentality is outdated. It focuses on the importance of transnational families, who live across borders. It describes the transition to multilingual cities, and shows how much we need new ways of dealing with complexities and diversities of the current society. The book gives a synthesis of contemporary research on diversity in the heart of Europe. It is a step to the necessary normalization of superdiversity that we now need so badly in our society.

With kind regards,

Dr. Dirk Geldof

Faculty of Design Sciences, University of Antwerp

Higher Institute for Family Studies (Odisee University College Brussels)

Karel de Grote-University College (Antwerp).

.. 32 475/484015

New: Dirk Geldof (2016). Superdiversity in the heart of Europe. How migration changes our society. (Acco)

superdiversityvp www.acco.be/superdiversity

Start met voorsprong. Studeer aan KdG!
Een infodag, open lesdag, SID-in of expo bezoeken? Alle data in het overzicht van onze infomomenten.

  ­­