Dear SPM community,

I have a problem with a specific graphic representation of contrast images
in the SPM glass brain. The contrast images represent the differences
between pre- and post- conditions after the second level analysis by a
paired t–test. Because in SPM the paired t–test is two-tailed, both
directions of differences are considered and therefore those brain areas
involving increased and decreased brain activations are displayed in the SPM
glass brain. I would like to separate both directions graphically and to
show after the paired t–test analysis one time only brain regions, where
activation is increased in the post-condition and another time only brain
regions, where activation is decreased in the post-condition. I can’t find
any possible programming option in SPM or MATLAB how to separate images
showing increased from images showing decreased activation in the SPM glass
brain after a paired t–test analysis?

Kind regards and many thanks for helping me!

Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Jell

Heinrich-Heine-Universität
Institut für Experimentelle Biologische Psychologie Gebäude 23.03
Universitätsstraße 1
D-40225 Düsseldorf

[fon] +49 (0)211 81-13958
[fax] +49 (0)211 81-14522

[email]  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]