Hi, SPM users

I am working with fMRI images. I have a control group (CG) and a pacient group (PG), factor 1. I also have contrast images (cons) of a task 1 (T1) and others of a task 2 (T2) for each subject, factor 2, and want to contrast T1>T2 in CG versus PG.

For the 2-level analysis, should it be the same if I perform a 2x2 full factoral design with a contrast like (CG(T1)>CG(T2)) > (PG(T1)>PG(T2)) == [1 -1 -1 1] in contrast manager, than a two-sample t-test between CG and PG with cons images calculated from the difference between T1 and T2 cons images?

I tried it and don't get the same results, but I am not sure if I did the steps all right.

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

José