Hello,

I'm getting some weird results from a simple two samples t-test that I can't understand. I'm putting a number of FDG PET scans in a Group and a number of other scans, from a different center, in the second one.  In this simple setup I'm not using covariates or anything. I set "grand mean scaling" to on and "global calculation" to proportional. Then the results I see make no sense. It looks like one group is signigicantly higher than the other everywhere.

Therefore I loaded up the two beta images and computed the spm_global of each. One beta image has an spm_global of 10.5 and the other one of 10.2. How can this be if I've imposed grand mean scaling? BTW, I've also set the grand mean scaled value to 6.5. So, where does this 10.x come from?

thank you very much,

Luca

Rispetta l’ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non è necessario.
Respect the environment: if it's not necessary, don't print this mail.