From: Staff Development Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Donna Wilkinson
Sent: 08 February 2016 14:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SDF] Digital First Project

Hi all

The University of Manchester Library are embarking on a programme entitled 'Digital First' which aims to bring about cultural change in how technology is used in their work and the services they support and develop.  The intention is to change all aspects of the working environment to embrace digital rather than analogue where there is value in doing so. Within the programme is a project called 'Digitally Skilled' which will provide a package of skills development/opportunities to ensure that Library staff have a minimum level of digital skills as well as support for CPD.

I am wondering if anyone else has any experience of this type of project and have identified the competencies required for staff at all grades working within the Digital arena.   I am also interested to know of any skills auditing tools specific to the digitisation agenda which have been used to identify current skill levels.

All ideas/suggestions gratefully received!

Many thanks

Donna

Donna Wilkinson
Staff Learning & Development
The University of Manchester
5th floor, Roscoe Building
Brunswick Street
Manchester  M13 9PL
Tel: 0161 306 3533 (internal 63533)

To search for and book courses using the Training Catalogue, please click here<https://app.manchester.ac.uk/training/default.aspx>

Follow us on Twitter or Facebook
[cid:image001.png@01CF608E.B1039BE0]<https://twitter.com/STDU_UoM>  [cid:image002.png@01CF608E.B1039BE0] <https://www.facebook.com/stdu.manchester>

[cid:A9D05811-AFFA-46FA-9586-0F702C115B28]

Please open the link at: askHR<http://www.staffnet.manchester.ac.uk/employment/contact-hr/ask-hr/>