Yes.Bill, if you’ve lost something you knew, you’ve garnered something I (we all?) can see…

Doug
> On Feb 3, 2016, at 2:32 PM, Bill Wootton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Doug too. Important that I get that first view across clearly.
> Max, you'll be happy that 'shooting' has bitten the dust. Doug, this
> final version should make it clear where she has propped herself. A
> full stop has re-emerged after line 11 too.
>
> Bill
>
> She sits skewiff,
> one leg plonked
> in the shallows,
> the other splayed
> sandwards.
>
> Played-out waves
> encircle her,
> an island
> of slump.
> Beach strollers
>
> diverge either side.
> They can see she's
> there for the duration.
> Her firstborn splashes
> in nearby shallows.
>
> Loose top semi-soaked,
> arms trawling wet
> sand runnels, facing
> sun full-on, she
> radiates surrender.
>
> bw

Douglas Barbour
https://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Recent publications: (With Sheila E Murphy) Continuations & Continuations 2 (UofAPress).
Recording Dates (Rubicon Press).

	Done in by creation itself.

I mean the gods. Not us. Well us too.
The gods moved into books. Who wrote the books?
We wrote the books. In whose dream, then are we dreaming?

		Robert Kroetsch.