Dear all,

I think there is a good difference between non-profit and profit organisations. I feel used when someone else makes profit on my stuff. And our commodity is knowledge, which should be free. However, I know how e.g. Wikipedia keeps struggling, even though it’s the most famous non-profit knowledge sharing platform. Perhaps we need voluntary idealists (many of them or few with big pockets) and long-minded governments to finance the effort in a sustained manner.

But, I’m still using both academia.edu<http://academia.edu> & researchgate.net<http://researchgate.net> to share my research as they seem to serve my aspiration to share knowledge freely in the point of view of those seeking it. I also use Zotero (https://www.zotero.org) all the time, and it works great - although I don’t know how they keep their costs covered.

Kind regards,

Salu Ylirisku
Associate Professor
SDU Design, Kolding